Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Excited about big balls

While this is a bit late off the press to be considered news, it is not too late to make fun of. Below is footage of Danny Hart's winning downhill run at this year's World Championships held in Champery, Switzerland.

Hart was still a fortnight shy of his twentieth birthday when he pulled off this surprising victory. Unfortunately, there's not a thing I can say to diminish the impressiveness of the Brit's ride, which, as an Australian, I have a natural inclination to do.

This may or may not be a photo of the commentators. No, I don't know why one
of them is wearing a USA skinsuit either. (Courtesy of Getty Images, apparently)

Fortunately though, the British commentary is good for a laugh. They're very excited. I guess I would be too if I were British. You know, not winning much and stuff...

I don't really need to say much for you to enjoy the commentary. I will just point out a couple of things I think are noteworthy. First, right near the end of the fun, at 2'55", excited commentator number 1 seems to get a bit confused about who's actually riding a bicycle when he screams, "That is the most insane bicycle riding I have ever done in my life." That gem is quickly followed up with this one from commentator number 2, "How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?" And that's a damn fine question.

I've managed to locate a paparazzi shot of Hart gallivanting naked on a recent trip to the Galápagos Islands. It shows that he does indeed have big balls. I realise that this doesn't shed any light on commentator number 2's question, quite the contrary. What it does do, however, is prove that not all cyclists shave down, which I know answers another damn fine question.

Big balls

Anyway, without further ado, here is Hart's run, which may well have come off thanks to (or perhaps despite of? After all, they could get in the way) his big balls. Enjoy...



And is it any coincidence that "Danny Hart" is an anagram of "Handy Rant"? Probably...

No comments:

Post a Comment