Friday, October 21, 2011

This and that...

It's been a long time between drinks for those that sip from The Weekly Cycle cup. That's because I, The Weekly Cycle bartender, have been extremely busy being lazy.

"If only I was on a bike..." McNulty, some time in 2007

So, for those of you getting the DT's, I apologise (sure, it maybe a little haughty to think that anyone's so hooked on The Weekly Cycle gear that a week off causes the shakes, but...yeah...whatever). I've received plenty of emails asking me to provide a fix; "We need a re-up, Mr. Weekly Cycle...hook a brother up" has been the general theme of them. Well, here it is, and you've hooked up to the main supply. This shit's pure (I've just finished watching The Wire, so I'm feeling all B-more gangster like).

So for this Friday, a bit of this and that...

First, there's this:



Uhmm, probably shouldn't do that.

Then there's that:

It was reported in The Age (with whom I have a love-but-mostly-hate relationship) today that Barb Britten, a Victorian cyclist, has successfully sued a driver for damages. The driver who hit Barb was fined by police but subsequently denied any wrongdoing. It seems Barb had to go to some lengths to get her money. Her message is that cyclists should sue for damages when drivers are at fault. It's just a pity it's such a headache, especially compared to the relative ease of sorting out a mishap between two insured drivers. As Barb said, "It was more of a justice thing. I said to my husband 'I don't care if it costs me $5000 to get $5000'." Good work Barb...

And back to this, included simply because it's ridiculous:


This weekend, I'm off to Phnom Baset to race mountain bikes. This was the same venue where I had a glorious victory was fortunate enough to get a puncture before anyone noticed how much I was losing. Hopefully I have a bit more luck (and fitness) this time round.

Have a great weekend y'all. Go for a ride if you get a chance.

Love The Weekly Cycle x

No comments:

Post a Comment