Thursday, March 8, 2012

Get your Fix

Who am I? I'm dirty. I smoke pot. I break the law.

No, not Bill Clinton.

OK, I'll give you more clues.

I deliver packages. I carry mini D-locks in my pants. I use Chrome messenger bags exclusively.

Still not sure? OK, one last set of clues in the form of a picture;


That's right! I'm a fixie rider!

Actually, I'm not, but you get the idea. And before you get all antsy you fixie riders, I'm just kidding. Cyclists, in general, offer plenty of ammo to be teased and mocked, not just fixie riders.

And to prove I love you, I've got a couple of awesome videos featuring you guys. The first is from a recent Converse video. At first I couldn't figure out why the riders kept kicking light switches; it seemed a bit silly. But like a good short story, this was simply an example of building tension, rising to a climax and concluding with a neat resolution. Oh yeah, and fixie riders like Converse too.



The second is from Aussie hip hop crew, You And Your Music. Now, I know Aussie hip hop isn't to everyone's taste. Indeed, some people say it should even exist. Personally, I like it, and I like this track too. Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment