Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hipster City Cycle


I don't know if this (new iPhone) game is created as a nod to, or a piss-take of, hipsters. I suspect the latter but it matters not. As they say, it's all about the bike. Described as "a pixel-art bike race adventure", it certainly fits the hipster bill.

The aim of the game? "...to liberate hipster Binky McKee from the shackles of employment , and help him achieve his humble dream of becoming a penniless cycling legend."

Of course, you ride a fixie and track stands and not stopping are rewarded. I'm not much of a "casual gamer" so I'm not really qualified to judge this game. I like Tetris and Scrabble and that's about it. It seems pretty fun though. I'll be sure to dangle my phone in front of Miss Miss, who has been or is addicted to classics including but not restricted to Bejeweled, Flight Control, Valet Hero and Train Conductor. If she likes Hipster City Cycle we'll know that it's at least addictive. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

I should add that this game can be yours for the hipster-friendly price of $1.99.





No comments:

Post a Comment